Monday, April 14, 2008

Yet another reason to hate KU...

So, a few days ago I got something strange in the mail from the University of Kansas. Now, I didn't go to this school and I might sort of despise it a little, so I was highly amused when I read this:


"Notice of Delinquent Parking Citation"

Followed by a chart with my vehicle's information, date and time of an apparent traffic violation on the campus etc...I was puzzled. Then I read on:

"An Information Booth attendant recently reported that a vehicle identified to you "ran" the booth without stopping. A special permit is required to drive and park in the central core of the campus during the hours that it is restricted...

What the hell?!

Then, it came to me. I WAS actually on the campus recently covering something for work. I was driving around aimlessly trying to figure out where the hell I was going, when I sort of found the correct way to go. I saw the little booth sitting there, but there was no sign posted saying I needed to stop, nor did I see anybody inside of it, nor was there any other way I could go. I went through it and heard a "hey!" then saw a man pop out of the booth in my rearview mirror. Um, oops, I guess, but what the hell was I supposed to do at that point? Put it in reverse and run into the person behind me? Plus, what the hell kind of campus restricts people from driving through it's central core at certain times? How inviting to your patrons and future students...How about you come over to my car little booth man and TELL ME WHERE THE HELL TO GO, since you know, I purposely ran your booth...or I could just be from out of town. Once again...so welcoming.
Then, this letter saying if I do it again, I owe them $50, comes in the mail. Well, ya know what? FUCK YOU KU and your bullshit little booth men!

No comments:

 

View my page on Twenty Something Bloggers