Monday, August 4, 2008

Gimme My Money!

Gina, Scott and I spent last night watching wild child Remi fling herself all over the living room and do her impression of the famous "Maniac" scene from Flashdance on her mats. She's just like her Auntie Harn - getting her second wind at 10:30 at night. I knew this was prime time for a little "Pearl the Landlord" education.
She looks just like Will Ferrell's protege and I've been trying to get her to say "Where's the rent?" before she had even mastered "Mama" and "Dada." She won't say it, but she'll put her little hands out to each side like, "I don't know," and that's been funny enough. However, I decided to try another phrase from the skit that night - Gimme my money - and after repeating it a few times Remi more than caught on. The sassy, hyper little child shook her head and, I shit you not, shimmied while screeching her version of "GIMME MY MONEY!"
All three of us laughed until tears were streaming down our faces and then Remi started cracking up, which made us laugh even harder. I think the next phrase will be "You pay now!"
I just love that kid so much. She's truly one of a kind.

No comments:

 

View my page on Twenty Something Bloggers