Thursday, November 6, 2008

Now That is Patriotic

The first black president was elected Tuesday night and do you know what Kate, Sam, Baron, Andrew and I will say when somebody asks us where we were the night this historic event took place? In my living room sucking down red and blue Jell-o shots. Yes, leave it up to the alcy to make election coverage into a drinking game. Everytime Barack Obama won a state, a *ding* would sound on CNN, we'd cheer and take a Jell-o shot...or everybody would cheer and then I would take a Jell-o shot...
Andy enjoyed the company...and the Jell-o shots. I think he was just ecstatic to see another human being besides me since my apartment is not usually the meeting place before nights out nor do any boys love me right now and want to come over. Plus, like I said before, living alone has been a positive experience for me after the trainwreck that was living with somebody and my attempt at a "domesticated lifestyle." Fuck that.
Anyway, the little bastard got so excited that he pissed all over Baron and attempted to piss on Sam, except Sam jumped out of the line of fire just in time. Then Andy proceeded to wallow around all over everybody and steal their plates of food off the table.
My dog is an asshole. However, my friends are good sports.

In other animal news, my neighbor lost his cat Tuesday night and the only reason I know this since I've never spoken to him in my life until today is because I went to walk Andy Wednesday morning and his front door was wide open, a can of cat food was sitting in the doorway and he was in there sleeping on the couch. The sight was on my top 10 list of the most pitiful things I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure he even stayed home from work on Wednesday since his car never left the garage. Signs with a picture of an orange cat were posted by Wednesday night in the mail room and on his door and I saw him wandering around the complex when I got home from work today. Then, he caught me as I was getting out of my car and chatted with me about keeping an eye out for his orange calico kitty.
"I knew I loved him, but I didn't know how much I loved him until now," he told me.
God, just rip my heart out and stomp on it please. Asshole or not, I would literally curl up in a ball and die if Andy ran away and I couldn't find him for more than a few hours. In otherwords, the kitty search party is on.

No comments:

 

View my page on Twenty Something Bloggers